Thursday, May 7, 2009

Chicago - Vancouver Game 4

So I drank too much. And I miss hockey. And I don't have to do anything tomorrow. What does all that add up to? Me, trying to watch the Chicago - Vancouver game in between watching the Phillies game (it has been difficult for me to enjoy watching the Phillies on TV since Harry Kalas is gone and I can't stand the lame-o's that are announcing the games.) Anyhoo, watching the Chicago game... I'm not sure why, since I don't know many of the Vancouver players (most of the West games are on too late for me to watch - as if they were ever on TV anyway) and I can't see the puck. It's so bad that when I turned on the game, I wasn't sure if the score was 9-8 or 0-0. But it's hockey and there's some crazy stuff going on in the game. Chicago seems to be totally outplaying Vancouver, but they are losing... too bad the Flyers cap situation is hopeless. Luongo has been awesome.

4 comments:

  1. Are people allowed to comment?

    Watching other teams' games (unless it's the finals) is difficult for me sometimes too.

    It's almost easier when they don't make the playoffs so I can just choose a team to support and be done with it without all the nerves and heartbreak.

    Can I bribe you into jumping on the Caps bandwagon? :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure, comment away! :)

    I have a hard time cheering for anyone - I end up cheering against teams (Pittsburgh - I'm looking at you!) I don't think I even need bribes to jump on the Caps wagon, seeing as how they are playing the Penguins. Tough loss today though. I am hoping they can come back and win two in a row! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. 'Tis me. I wonder what gave me away, heh!

    There is something much more satisfying about cheering for losses. I know in the Bos/Car series I am giddy when the Bruins lose way more than I enjoy watching the 'Canes win.

    ReplyDelete