Sunday, June 28, 2009

Goodbye Lupul & Sbisa, Hello Pronger


So, on draft day, the Flyers made a pretty blockbuster-type deal. Flyers traded pretty boys Lupul and Sbisa (and some future picks) to the Ducks for Chris "don't mess with me" Pronger. This deal takes the team's hotness level down a notch, but will help with veteran leadership and defense. I expected one of the following to be traded: Briere (yeah, someone would take that contract), Gagne, Hartnell or Lupul. I think the best candidate from that list was picked. I will miss the young Sbisa, who I think could develop into a #1 or #2 d-man. I will also miss those picks. In keeping with the past couple of years, the Flyers are giving those things out like Happy Meal toys. Make a random trade and get a free pick (or 7) in the draft! Hopefully they can sign Pronger to a 3-4 year, cap friendly contract and this will not be a one year rental.

No comments:

Post a Comment