Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Flyers Odds and Ends

So Holmgren had a press conference today on the state of the Flyers organization. He was asked a lot of questions about the goalie situation, the cap, the defense, et al. He didn't really answer any of them. At least not in the part I watched before I fell asleep. I mean, took my lunch break. I have transcribed what I remember from it:

Reporter: Do you think Biron is your goalie of the future?
PH: That's something we need to look at and talk about in the offseason.

Reporter: Is the cap going to hinder you this offseason?
PH: That's going to be something we are going to look at and talk about. We're not sure where the cap number is going to be, so I can't comment further.

Reporter: Are you going to be able to sign Biron and Niittymaki?
PH: We've had talks with both their agents, and we'll have to see with the cap and all.
---------
Good news for Richards: He is up for the Selke.
Bad news: He will probably not win it. Oh, and he is due to have surgery on at least one shoulder (maybe both). Plus, amazon is apparently trying to sell him:

AND, the old lady syndrome is still alive and well in the locker room - everyone has hip problems. I wonder what else will come out in regards to injuries, since they are so secretive about that stuff...

No comments:

Post a Comment