Sunday, April 19, 2009

One down... Many to Go

Getty Images by way of Yahoo! Sports

So, the Flyers pulled it off (phew). They won a big game and looked like a team for most of the contest. Many of the players (Giroux, Richards, Carter, Timonen, Parent, the list goes on...) really stepped up and played a good game. Also, congrats to Ross and Giroux for their first NHL playoff goals.

The detractors will say that the team still managed to take some time off in the middle of the game. And they'd be right. But overall, they played their game and they played it well. I think that if this team played every game like the fans know they can, then they would be a lock for the finals. There is still a lot of work to be done, but I feel good about the way they played today, and I hope they can keep it up.

Was it just me, or did the orange unis look better than normal? They looked like they went back to the blood orange 70's shade, rather than the construction cone orange of this season. Let's hope that it really was different and not just a trick of the lighting.

The Phillies managed a come-from-behind win with a walk-off HR by Ibanez. Exciting finish to a game that I (mostly) missed since I was busy being nervous during the Flyers game.

The Sixers look like they are going to lose, but who really cares about them anyway? In my opinion, it's a good day for Philadelphia sports. Hey, like Meatloaf said, "two out of three ain't bad." (Who hates me for getting that song in their head? I think I hate myself on that one...)

Let's hope the Flyers keep it up for the rest of the week. Let's Go Flyers!

No comments:

Post a Comment